215 Chester Avenue | Mon-Fri | 7:30 am-4:00 pm
(573) 264-2157 | (573) 264-4281
The following services are offered at City Hall:
- Water,sewer, and trash payments
- Business License and Contractor License
- Construction/Trash Dumping Permits
- Public Works
- Property and real estate taxes
- Pet License
- Distribution of recycle bins
- Notary Services
- Copying / Faxing
- Court Clerk's Office
Water, Sewer and Trash Payment
Pay your residential or commercial water bill instantly online. We no longer accept PayPal payments, instead just simply use your credit/debit card through our new online system. It's easy and secure to use. There is a convenience fee for using a credit/debit card, it's the same whether you pay online or at City Hall.
You will need the City Municipal Code as well as your account number to Register your Water, Sewer and Garbage On-line Bill and Pay.
Municipal Code = ScottCityMO780
Setup Automatic Bill Payment
If you would like to setup automatic ACH bank draft payments for your water bill then please click the Water Department ACH Bank Draft Form link below to print the required form. You will need to bring the completed form into City Hall with a voided check.
If you need to setup New Residential Water Services you will need to come into City Hall and complete the Customer Information Form, or download it and pay your deposit.
Water Security Deposits are $300 for renters, and $150 for all others.
No Late fee letter will be sent out.
Dustin WhitworthCity Administrator
Christie OswaldCity Clerk
Alishia VanWinkleDeputy Collector
All landowners of rental property must fill out an updated registration form every year and returned to City Hall by July 1st of each year.
- Inspections must be done every 48 months or in between tenants.
- Building Inspector will call landowners to set up an appointment for your inspection for each address.
- You will receive information on your inspection. If your inspection fails you will have 30 days to bring your inspected address up to the Guidelines of the Housing Quality Standards.
- After your inspection, there will be an inspection fee for each address of $50.00.
- For more information about the guidelines and stipulations on rental property ( Ordinance 540.000 ) https://ecode360.com/35396227
Information and Payments for City Taxes
Please check out the delinquent tax list to see if you currently owe city taxes. If your name is on the list and you need more information then please contact us at 573-264-2157!
If your name is on the list and you have since paid your taxes then you can contact us about having your name removed.
Click on the delinquent tax list link below to see the List.
Delinquent Personal Property Tax-Update 3-26-2019
Mayor & City Council
The City Council is made up of two citizens from each ward totaling eight members. The Council members terms are for two years each and the Mayor's term is for four years.
The City Council meets every first and third Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall at 215 Chester Avenue. Citizens are welcome to come and voice their opinions, ask questions or just simply sit and watch. New ordinances and resolutions, reports from each department head, reports from the Mayor and Administrator and the total amount of bills to be paid are some of the items that are discussed at Council meetings.
All agendas and minutes from each Council meeting are uploaded to this website for all citizens to view. If you have any questions regarding Council meetings you can contact your Councilmen or City Hall.